One of the key components in any successful drag car is a solid transmission, and a popular upgrade for many drag racers is a 4L80E/85E gearbox. Borrowed heavily from full-sized heavy-duty trucks, they’re finding their way into many F-bodies, A-bodies, Novas and the like, as well as other vehicles that once had the “lesser” 4L60E.
However, even they have their weak points and the main shaft can be one of them once they breach a certain horsepower/torque levels. Luckily, there are several manufacturers that offer hardware to solid these heavy-duty transmissions further, including ATI Racing. Just recently, we’ve received news off their new Vasco main shafts for the 4L80E/85E Transmissions!
New Vasco Main Shafts for 4L80E/85E Transmissions
ATI Performance Products, Inc proudly introduces an all-new Vasco Main Shaft for the 4L80E/4L85E transmission. 100% machined, heat treated, and finished in ATI’s Baltimore facility.
ATI has earned a solid reputation for building the finest and strongest racing transmissions and components in the business, and with 2000 HP max holding capability (weight limited), this new shaft is no exception.
Part number 705311 is priced at just $349.95 and are in stock ready to ship!
- Solid design for center lube transmissions only
- No lube holes help eliminate premature fractures
- Correct length, no modifications are required for fitment
- 75% stronger than 4340 and 20% stronger than 300M
- Zero failures during in-vehicle testing
- Proven design derived from our extreme High HP 400 and PG shafts
- 30 years of input shaft manufacturing experience