The original Small-Block Chevy engine is a tried-and-trued warhorse that if taken car of properly, could last up to a million miles before needing built — we’ve seen it! Which is probably why, despite LS Mania, millions of enthusiasts around the world still rely on these throwback powerplants for their daily drivers and race cars alike. Their adapability, huge aftermarket support and limitless potential still remain the paramount for the reasoning behind their everlasting love.
Recently, Pace Performance had announced a new crate engine (in long-block form) for those who prefer to rely on the timeless technology for their build, or just want a suitable replacement for their classic muscle car, street rod, pickup or early “late-model” muscle car.Dubbed the Pace Pac 350, our Ohio friends have provided us with the complete hardware rundown below!
Pace Pac SBC 350cid 300HP Crate Engine
This is a great entry level replacement engine for older cars and trucks, and a great basic street rod engine. All of the parts in this engine are brand new. The Pace Pac SBC 350 includes a 1-year unlimited mileage parts replacement warranty.
- Power: 300 HP @5300 RPM, 356 ft. lbs. of torque @ 3700 RPM
- Displacement: 350 CID, 5.7L
- Bore x Stroke: 4.00” x 3.48”
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Recommended Fuel: 87 Octane
- Block: Cast Iron, 2 piece rear seal, 4-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft: Nodular Iron
- Connecting Rods: Powdered Metal Steel
- Pistons: Cast Aluminum
- Camshaft: Hydraulic Flat Tappet
- Cam Lift: .443” Intake / .465” exhaust
- Cam Duration @ .050”: 214 deg. Intake / 224 deg. Exhaust
- Lobe Separation: 112 Degree
- Cylinder Heads: Cast Iron, 3/8” pressed in rocker studs
- Combustion Chamber: 76cc
- Valves: .194” Intake/ 1.50” Exhaust
- Rocker Arms: Stamped Steel, 1.5:1 Ratio
- Valve Springs:3911068
- Balance: Internal
- Maximum GM Recommended RPM: 5300
- Ignition Timing: Base 10 degrees BTDC, 32 degrees total
- Cylinder Head Notes: 7 Bolt style Exhaust Flange Standard, 85′ and prior intake manifold bolt pattern. Perimeter bolt style Valve Covers. This head is very similar to the old #882 castings from the 1970’s.
- Fully GM assembled long block
- Stamped steel OE valve covers
- Oil pump, pick-up and oil pan
- Front timing cover
- Timing pointer for use with 2 O’clock mark balancers
- 6-3/4″ balancer
- Block is drilled for drivers and/or passenger side oil dipsticks, plugs are included to plug unused dipstick tube hole
- Warranty: Limited 1 year / Unlimited mileage parts only warranty
Being infatuated with cars since he was a toddler, Timeless Muscle Founder and Editor, Rick Seitz, has a true love and passion for classic American musclecars. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.